Australian Adventures

A description of my many Australian encounters ensues.

Saturday, December 02, 2006

More of the Sanctuary

The Aboriginal people must have been around my height, because I could walk right underneath these arches comfortably; but anyone a little bit taller than me would hit their heads if they didn't bend over. Here's one of those arches.


This is me, hanging out in an arch that was a little bit taller than the one in the first picture. I'm just being goofy :)


Lastly, in the visitor's center, there was a portrait of Ricketts and some of his sculptures. I'm pretty sure that I actually took pictures of almost all of the statues that are depicted in the painting.

William Ricketts died in 1993, when he was 94 years old. I looked up the information, and he spent 59 years working in the Dandenong Mountains, presumably working on his sculptures; there are 92 of them. Cheryl said that she went to the Sanctuary before she had children, and she remembered seeing Ricketts working there. That would be very, very interesting.


This was definitely a place that I'd suggest going to, if you get the chance. I loved it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Merrimom said...

I am so glad that you are seeing so many things. Lots of really neat stuff for us to see too. I hope you will make it to the reunion in July. I miss you and love you too! Your little cousins know who you are. I show them pictures of all of the cousins. Keep up the fun!
www.merriblondie.blogspot.com

1:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool pictures Amy! Where is this Cheryl person we hear so much about? haha. mom

3:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home