Australian Adventures

A description of my many Australian encounters ensues.

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Okay. So, this is a few days late. Sorry, we've been really busy.

Firstly, I shall say this:

Currently, it is summer in Australia. That being said, know that it is supposed to be in the 80s to the 100s right now.

This Christmas was the coldest one in Australia's recorded history :) There was snow on the mountains, and it has rained so much the past few days that the fires have pretty much fizzled out. We've all been wearing sweaters and scarves over here! Today's high was 18 degrees, which translates to about 64 degrees F. That's the HIGH.

AND, we were lucky; the rain landed in just the right areas, so that it was captured. There's still a drought, don't get me wrong--it's just really good news that it's rained. It's been fantastic.

On to Christmas...

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas! We were super busy!

Saturday, Christmas Eve Eve (haha), we all went over to Cheryl's brother Ross' house. He and his wife Judy have two kids, Ellie and James, and we just had a bunch of fun. I don't have my pictures ready right now, but I'll post a couple of Christmas soon :)

Sunday, Christmas Eve, I went to church in the morning. A little while after I came back, Melissa and I went to Matt's house to have dinner and celebrate Christmas with them a little bit. Matt dressed up like Santa, because Melissa and I had said that we hadn't been able to get our pictures taken with Santa Clause. So, we took pictures with Matt Santa instead :)

Afterwards, Matt came back home with Melissa and I, and we had a small get-together with one of Cheryl's friends.

Sunday night, Matt and I went with Melissa and Cheryl to their church for midnight mass. It was a nice service, and we didn't get home until around 1:30 in the morning (after dropping Matt off, of course). Haha. We were exhausted.

Monday morning, my mom called at 8 o'clock!!! ,_, It was nice to talk to my family, but it was sooooo early. Melissa tried to wake me up, and Cheryl eventually came into our room and turned on the lights, then jumped on Melissa's bed and handed me the phone. I must've sounded funny :P

Anyway, I'd better get going. I'll post something before New Year's, and I'll see about getting some pictures up :) But, before I go...

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We ( the Jorgesen's ) are happy that you are doing so well "Down Under", in Australia. Our children were exited to see the pictures of the animals.

Merry Late Christmas and a Happy New Year,

Tim, Kathleen, Samantha, Zachary, and Heidi Jorgensen

7:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amy, what is an "encatchment"?
-Melissa

10:18 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

Good question, Melissa. Hahaha. It's been fixed.

11:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your mother actually called you at 8:00am?!? How rude!!! You are such a whinner; get over it chicky baby...haha. Oh Amy, don't you remember all those times you woke me up a whole lot earlier than 8am? Pay back is coming babe. I laugh at you; in your face! May you be blessed with hyper-active twins that don't sleep past 5:00am! I love you my precious daughter. Get some sleep. Love, mom.

3:47 PM  
Blogger Merrimom said...

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and have a fun New Year Celebration!
We love you!

2:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home