Australian Adventures

A description of my many Australian encounters ensues.

Thursday, December 14, 2006

Orangutans!

I know that we have orangutans at our zoo also, but I decided to post them here anyway.

I think they're fascinating animals. They're very, very intelligent.


This orangutan walked right up to this child, and smiled. I don't know if orangutans know what it means to smile, but it looked like it smiled anyway :)

The same orangutan walked over to the opposite side, where a young woman was taking pictures of it with a professional camera. He went right over to her and looked straight into the lens. Then he decided that he would stay over there for a while and look at the people, because he reached over into a basket and grabbed a bunch of hay, then sat on it.


I know that's not the best quality picture, but it was amazing to watch him walk around. They're awesome animals!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home