Australian Adventures

A description of my many Australian encounters ensues.

Thursday, December 14, 2006

A wise monkey, a couple of Zebras, and a Memory

Okay, so I debated about taking a picture of this monkey, because my camera was absolutely miserable and dying, but I'm glad that I did. He looks infinitely wise, don't you think?


A zebra! Only if you live here, you say "zeh-brah" instead of "zee-brah." I do believe that if you click these pictures, they get bigger. I wanted you to be able to see the stripes really well on the zebras.


There's a second zebra in this picture, though you can't see it very well. The one that you can see, however, seems like it's looking right at me! Cool!


Here's both of the zebras. I do believe that there was food in this area, and that's why their heads are bowed. I think they're gorgeous. And who could forget the giraffes in the background again? ;)


A memory of the past. Cheryl said that she remembers going to the zoo as a child, and seeing all of the animals in cages like this one. She also said that she remembered feeding some of the animals peanuts.

It's definitely better that the animals have actual grass and such to walk on, and actual nature to live among. I can't imagine a poor animal being locked in something like this for its entire life.


So, there we have it... our trip to the Royal Melbourne Zoo! It was fantastic. I loved it :)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi waz up? answer my posts yo dude! I still love you though. Jayden does too.

9:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello my beautiful gorgeous daughter! You are taking some wonderful pictures; perhaps you should take some photography classes...unless they make you take nude photos..ugh. Anyway, I love you, I miss you, blah blah blah, etc. Soak it all up babe, enjoy EVERY minute. We all adore you very much! mommy

9:48 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

Hey, Kaylee!

I know, I've been a silly goose. Sorry that I haven't talked to you in, like, FOREVER! :D

Wazzup, girly?? How's y'all doin over in the hood??

Hahahaha.

I MISS YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!

4:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Amy,

I LOVE your stories about Australia! You make me want to go some day...

You write well, and you give such a great description of what you doing. Keep having fun, and we will see you in a few weeks!

Love, Eva and Katie

5:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home