Australian Adventures

A description of my many Australian encounters ensues.

Thursday, December 14, 2006

An Emu and a Giant Tortoise

I'm posting this picture, because this emu was pretty close to me. In fact, it was making me nervous, because it looked kind of agitated, so I snapped the picture and then Cheryl, Melissa and I walked away :P None of us felt like getting chased by an emu.


Here's an animal that I'd never seen before, aside from on television. A Giant Tortoise! This one is around 200 years old, can you believe it?? There were three others with him that I saw, but he was the only one that was walking around. These pictures will get bigger if you click on them.


I think it's cool to see how leathery their skin looks. And yes, he is eating grass in this picture.


Apparently, that grass didn't taste very good. Either that, or he just didn't feel like eating anymore :) He walked away, and yes, he still has a piece of grass hanging out of his mouth.


It's amazing how old they get isn't it? I mean, he's 200 and he's still walking around!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home