Australian Adventures

A description of my many Australian encounters ensues.

Sunday, November 19, 2006

The Lake

We got off of the train at a place called Emerald Lake Park. The lake was really pretty :) We ate lunch at one of the tables there. It was a gorgeous day.

This tree fern is the same kind that the Taylors have in their back yard; however, these ones are taller, meaning that they're older. The Taylor's tree fern is around 30 years old, so... imagine how old these ones must be! The lake is in the background of this photo, too.

Here I go again, taking pictures of various things. I liked this bird, though, and there were a lot of them, so... I decided to take its picture. It has a red head; you can't really see that here. It looked neat. (Behind it is a duck.)


Melissa, being silly like always, declared that this shack she's standing in front of used to be her family's house. Haha, Melissa.


Did I get lucky or what?!? I got a picture of a kookaburra! It randomly flew up and posed for me. I have a few pictures of it up this close, and I think this one turned out to be the best of those. I was amazed that it didn't fly away... of course, after I took a couple of pictures and started walking away, it left. Melissa also took a couple pictures of it. Pretty amazing, no?

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

what is the name of that bird you took a picture of? It looks cool; the one that has a red head. Have you seen any crocs yet? How about any of those huntsmen spiders.....oooh yuk!!!! I love you, have fun. mom

6:22 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

To Mom:

No, I haven't seen any huntsman yet. Hehe. I've come across some tiny spiders, but they're not a big deal. And no, I haven't seen any crocodiles... if I did, I would totally write about it! :)

I love you!

11:33 AM  
Blogger Merrimom said...

Cool pictures! I'm having a blast seeing them!

7:46 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

Hi, Aunt Merri!

I haven't seen you in a long time. How've you been?

Anyway, I've gotta go... I'll talk to you later! I love you! And tell my cousins that I love them too, even though they probably don't remember me :P

Bye! <3

4:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Amy,
Is that bird sitting in a gum tree there? haha ha ha ...ugh. mom

12:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home