Australian Adventures

A description of my many Australian encounters ensues.

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Day at the Museum

There's a movie coming out called "Night at the Museum" that looks pretty interesting. Anyway, that was so not my point...

Today, Cheryl and I went to the Melbourne Museum with Roger, Lynne and the kids (Melissa was at Matt's house). The museum was neat--we started out with a forest exhibit. We were walking around in the forest, and we found a skink--a real, live one. Pretty cool, dude! It was really close to the path that we were walking on, and so I got a good photo of it :)


On to some stuffed animals.

These were actual animals that had been stuffed after they died--here is a kangaroo at it's full height. It was probably about six feet tall. I wouldn't want to be chased by one of these--that would hurt if it caught me! (Kangaroos tend to attack, you see.)


So this is the kind of penguin that I was talking about in my last post. They're really small, and cute :) This one is stuffed, of course.


Here, we have a blue-ringed octopus. These are deadly. As in if you touch them, you'll die if you don't get to a hospital fast enough. They're really small. They look pretty cool, though. Too bad they're venemous, hmm?


Oh, and I got to see dinosaur bones! That excited me. Haha. (Just because I don't remember ever seeing dinosaur bones in a museum before.) I wouldn't want to be in the way of the dinosaur that's crawling down the steps. No, no, no! I am so glad that dinosaurs aren't alive today--I mean, I wouldn't want to be dinner for one! (But they're still pretty fascinating to learn about.)


Oh, and I forgot to mention... yesterday, when we were driving to see the Penguin Parade, we saw a wallaby on the side of the road! It ran away when Melissa tried to get a picture of it, though. Oh well. It was so cool!!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeee! Cool museum! @.@ It reminds of the Smithsonian Museum of Natural...Uh...I can't remember off the top of my head right now, but yeah, it reminds me of the Smithsonian. SO COOL! ^-^ Anyway, hope you continue to have fun...and I hope you encounter any more freaky large spiders...XD

On another note...>.>...I got the Tsubasa Character Guide (#1) in English a couple weeks ago...It has pre-production sketches of Kurogane...and there's a sketch of him laughing. KYAAAA! X3 So cute...

Ahem...*cough* Anyway, yeah...That's about it...For now anyway...>.>...XD

-Helena

5:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*cough*...Er...Sorry for the double post...Just wanted to point out that I was going to put in "don't" in between "I" and "hope". Sorry 'bout that...>.>...Hopefully you didn't go out chasing after those huge spiders, because I made a typo. XD...Though I highly doubt you would do so...Those things are scary...*shudders*. Yeah. That's pretty much all I wanted to say. It was bugging me all day. @.@

-Helena

3:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home