Australian Adventures

A description of my many Australian encounters ensues.

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Ballarat and Sovereign Hill

Last Thursday morning, Melissa, Cheryl and I went on an overnight trip to the city of Ballarat, a place where there was a huge gold rush in the 1850s. It was an awesome place! Here is the cottage that we stayed at.


We went to Sovereign Hill, which is a cool place where the people that work there dress up in the gold rush period clothing, and the entire area was made to look as though it were a town built in the 1850's. It was really cool! Melissa and I actually had our picture taken here--we dressed up in period clothing as well. It was so fun!!


As I said before, the people that work at Sovereign Hill dress up and go about their lives as though they lived in the period. These men were singing and playing instruments, so I took a picture of them. Haha.


There were a lot of little shops at Sovereign Hill, each one different. Here's the inside of one of them.


I just thought this photo was funny because you have the people in period dress, and then Melissa. Haha.


Thursday at Ballarat was HOT. Someone said that it was 42 degrees, which translates to 107.6 degrees fahrenheit. Dude, that's hot!! We still had fun, though. It was just... really, really warm.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

melissa looks like a tourist

5:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey Amy, did Melissa pee the floor yet?

3:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, where are the pictures of you and missy lissa dressed in period costume? I wanna see! Love, mom.

2:45 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

To Carrie... (I'm assuming you're Carrie, that is...)

Oh, she so did. HAHAHA.

12:42 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

To Mom:

To put those pictures up here, I would have to scan them. We weren't allowed to take pictures with our own cameras, but Melissa and I had ours done in black and white. It looks awesome! You'll just have to wait until Thursday, I guess ;)

12:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do not look like a tourist...AND I DID NOT PEE ON THE FLOOR.

10:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home